Wednesday 19 November 2014

MY HOUSE

  I actually love where I stay because the road to my house is one long bent smooth road. The roads do not have bumps and its usually dangerous because of school kids and the reckless driving of some bike men and car drivers. So when walking on the road,one has to be extremely careful. By the roadside,you'll see women who do petty businesses like selling of biscuits and sweets,bananas,akara and 'engroll'. You'll see tailors ,coblers,mechanics. But the street business na mostly the mini shoprite...selling house hold needs including food stuff and fruits,all in one shop. One of this kind of shoprites is directly opposite my compound. It makes it so easy to be lazy bacause I know I can always get anything i want You wont fail to recognise the mosque as their public speaker is always on trying to convert we christians. At times i wonder the essence of the loud speakers. I remember trying to talk to one of them just to find out if they have ear issues. On entering the compound through the black gate,i live on the right building. The fairly painted wall is of a confused colour. I dont know if its ash or a faded blue or green. The centre of the house is usually used for parking cars. Space neant for football. Mstcheeeew. The floor is of german floor sha. Far opposite the gate is a well where we fetch water even for cooking. You dont want to know the kind.of fetchers and buckets and dirty water that has gone into that well. Here,they wait for the government to do everything for them including supplying then with water.I remember saying a prayer for my system. I prayed that i dont contract one kain uncurable disease. The centre of the building has a staircase which isnt long but high. When fetching from.the well,i hated the staircase. Even on.a.normal day,the staircase was enough to gym.yams outta your legs. Th staircase will lead you to my flat and the opposite persin who is suppised to be my neighbour. Till date i dont know if its a man or a woman that lives there. The house is obviously 1960 because it still has that octal shaped brick usually used.in designing.a.corridor. i remember my old house in lagos had it before the landlord decided to patch it to modernization. The front corridor is usually used to gossip when neighbpurs threaten to fight because thats all they do. They raise my hopes of getting real entertainment and then they kill it totally. The net and door will say welcome to our empty parlour. Just empty. A part close to the kitchn is where the dustbin is being kept and close to the window is where my flatmate kept a tv carton and some stuff i cant really explain. The funniest thing is the tv in his room doesnt match the carton. The tv is 1992 and the cartoon is 2013. Now.you know.what i mean. Close to the parlour is the kitchen. Small but manageable and comfortable. My flatmate had it prepared before i came. The kitchen has a sink and a double layer wooden shelf. It has a locally made electric stove. I was really impressed at the creativity of people. The only thing was that it had no control switch. It just burns your food if you are not careful. There is also a kerosine stove which my flatmate dedicates himself to using it to paint the back of the pot. Then,the kitchen also has bent spoons,few plates,bowls,sieves,spoilt blenders and about 6 custard buckets. I was only impressed seeing a mortar and pestle in a bachelors house. The window is always dusty as it hasnt been cleaned in ages. Frin the window,you'll see villagers going about their activities and schoool kids entering their school. My flat has 3 rooms. The sizes are very ok. It haa a bathroom and toilet that has just cemented floors. Just close to my room is the door to the back corridor. The corridor is large enough too. From there,you can see a newly built Bungalow. You will also see the well by the left and the untarred street road by the right. I was really ok with the house compared to what the rest got in the name of accommodation. Its like im forming big girl but no be me poor pass. Haba

No comments:

Post a Comment