Saturday 6 December 2014

PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME

  At the mention of hearing that a lady committed an abortion,I will say "God forbid. How could she kill a life when she can't create one?" I judged immediately. When I heard someone stole,I will say "beat him. Let him get his sense back". When I noticed a girl coming from a guys house and probably oozing the I-slept-with-him-last-night perfume,I'll feel disgusted immediately.
  All I could do was judge without wearing their shoes. I didn't think knowing how they felt. I didn't waste a second to keep the judge words out.
  Later this year,God decided to teach me a lesson. I met a guy this year. He was all cozy and sweet. He was the exact kind of guy a lady will want to take to mama. He was handsome,intelligent and despite the fact that he was young,he was full of experience. He was the one! Things went on with from romance to sex to learning to experience to whatever you can think of. It was great. A lot went down and at the second month of our dating,I missed my period. I was pregnant.
  I immediately thought of all those I judged. I thought of what people would say. I thought of my parents and siblings. No! I won't take it. Immediately,I had to get a test done and it tested positive. I went for an abortion. I didn't tell the guy because I knew he would ask me to keep it but I wasn't ready for that. I went through all that on my own. After some months,I told the guy what I did and he felt so bad. But he was quick to let the matter go and after some months of speaking with him and living with so much guilt,I stopped hearing from him.
  The essence of my story is for us to quit judging people. Wear their shoes before saying a word. People are not as bad as we think. If anyone told me I'll ever take a baby off me,I'll bet my life to say nay. But it happened. I was so hard on myself but I had to move on and become a better person. I hope I have touched someone's life with this story.

1 comment: