Sunday 7 December 2014

YOU WON'T BELIEVE I DID THIS

We’ve all done silly things at some point in our lives. Well, I am human too! Lol…I am not particularly proud of this incidence but, it sure leaves me laughing my throat out whenever memory slaps it back to face. Here it goes…Back then, when our socks where always white (or shoulda say brown? LMAO) – I’m talking primary school! I remember one faithful Monday morning. I had forgotten to press (“iron”) my school uniform during the weekend. I only realized how rumpled it was when I was about putting it on. After having bathed, I was ready to try it on. “There is absolutely no way I am going to wear this to school!” I murmured to myself, while checking my handsome self out in the mirror. Yeah! I said HANDSOME.
I prayed for NEPA to restore power (‘cos there was blackout that morning) as I slowly munched my breakfast, but it was not to be – obviously! Its Nigeria!!! After eating I was already about five minutes late for school. I grabbed my backpack and hurried out of the house. As I approached the gates, the deafening sound of our neighbour’s sound system slammed the news to my attention that “NEPA DON BRING LIGHT!”. Ok. At that moment, confusion set in. I was caught between taking either of these decisions – continue the journey to school with your rumpled uniform; or go back inside and quickly press it. Don’t forget I am already late…at this time, about ten minutes late.
I dashed back inside. Quickly connected the pressing iron to the power source, tuned the regulator to highest, and waited a bit for it to warm up. My impatience quickly outgrew my calm. I picked up the iron and started pressing the uniform while I was still wearing it! – I don’t have time to waist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Felt good for just about the first half a minute. As I slide the iron down my body from my chest towards my hand, it even felt better!!! *smiles*
Yeah! It happened. The iron mistakenly went beyond my shirt sleeve’s length, and I caught the smell! – you know that smell of meat roasting right!? Yes…that smell. The rush was soon over. I sent the iron crashing hard into the tiled floor while my mouth gapped wider than ever before shouting that melodious hymn of pain only after ten seconds it has been open! (you know that kain tin na). Na so I take cry ehnnnnn…filled the house with it. I turned off the switch angrily, and dashed for school once again. This time, with only the chest of my uniform pressed and a face that tells the tale!!!

Yesssssssssss!!! I did that! Your’s sincerely – Ajayi Darlington ( anor dey shame! Talk your own)

1 comment: